Thursday, June 17, 2010

My life map

I got a little bored & motivated all at once today. I decided to create a temporary life map for myself. I've been feeling general malaise lately, which sucks. And then I found out recently that I have gained 7 pounds since I've moved here. To those of you who know me, I am not some huge obese person, but the weight I am at now is only 3 pounds less than when I was 9 months pregnant... to which I must say I am personally NOT happy about. I am not comparing myself to others, and I know others have battles worse than mine, but the point is that I am unhappy with the weight so I am going to TRY to change it. I think mental & physical health usually go hand in hand for me anyway, so I am doing both. Ugh. So I am setting out on a mission to lose 20-30 pounds. Because I might as well do it now, before I have to set about losing 40-100 pounds y'know??? I watch Biggest Loser avidly, and I think that if those people can lose about TWO of me in weight, then I must be silly to not at least TRY to lose 25 pounds, right?? RIGHT! I made a list of general things to keep track of including:
Food, Physical, Mental, If I Slack, Personal/Relationships, Summary. I made sure that I am allowed to change the things on the list as I need to be flexible. I'm only human. I've been trying to keep a sharp eye out on my mental feelings so as to not to fly out of control. I had one break, but that is a big improvement from an every day breakdown, so it's all good so far.
Then my awesomest boyfriend made me a checklist to go along with my "map." He made all the things on my list with boxes next to them, so I could totally keep track of my progress, good AND bad. (side note, Lee is so freaking rad, he's really the best boyfriend EVER. I didn't ask him to help, other than to help hold me accountable, and he made me a checklist.... PERFECT)
Also on the checklist it says "Here's what else I did that was awesome" and "Here's what else I did that I regret"
Anyway, I'm excited to start trying to make a change for the better, even a small one. I will keep y'all posted on the progress. If any one wants details, let me know, I will send them.

2 comments:

Offbeat Mama said...

Good! I totally know what you mean about mental and physical health being connected. Hopefully, this change will come easy for you.
xoxo

Erika said...

Thank you! I've never embarked on a journey like this, so I hope it's easy enough. XOXO back!