Friday, June 25, 2010

Family

My kids & mom are in Seattle this week visiting us. It's been great fun! We went to watch Toy Story 3 at the IMAX and it was super fantastic. We have been going to the park every day so far, and the weather has cooperated and everything! YAY sun! Saturday we are going to see Cirque du Soleil, and Sunday we are driving up to Port Townsend, taking a ferry somewhere, and having a visit with my friend Spatch & her puppy Winter. (I'm looking forward to that.) On July 4th weekend , my family having a reunion in Idaho at my sister's house. I'm excited. All the kids in one spot... well except Brian, 'cause he can't make it, we understand, and Craig may he R.I.P. Anyway, 4 out of 6 ain't bad.
Having my kids here makes me happy but I'm not looking forward to when they have to go back home. Although THEY are in for a new experience, as their baby brother (on their dad & stepmoms side) Max was born while they were here visiting, so they can meet him! Having my kids here also makes me feel a little sad because I know they have to leave, and that always sucks. But I try to do my best while they are here even though I know I don't live up to the ideal. But then again, who DOES live up to the ideal? No one. Right! We are all imperfect in our own ways, including me, and I have to admit that although it's not personally ideal for me to not have my kids here all the time, I try to count myself among the lucky few who actually get to visit my kids on a regular basis.
That's all the new news for now.

No comments: