Saturday, October 2, 2010

Living Comfortably .... for now anyway

After much toiling and fighting and bubbling and brewing and boiling I finally feel comfortable with my living situation. My boyfriend and I were previously living at his mom's house in an extra bedroom. You'd think it would be fine but not so much for me. I felt confined to the room, and didn't really spend much time in the living space the house had to offer as I didn't feel comfortable for a variety of reasons. So of course I felt stuck in so many ways. Stuck in a 10 x 10 space, stuck in a semi-dirty environment, stuck with no job therefore no money to go to the city & see my friends there (and barely enough to go visit my friends HERE), stuck stuck stuck!!! It came to the point where I was seriously considering going back to Oregon to live with my mom until my boyfriend could find a place for us to live. I decided to stick it out with my boyfriend, and we had 2 months of pure hell for me. Finally, after reaching the end of my rope, reaching my wit's end, my boyfriend said we could find a place elsewhere. So we did. We are currently shacking up in the R.V. belonging to his sibling. This is a lot bigger than a 10 X 10 room. AND I have the added bonus of feeling comfortable enough in the house to spend some extra time in there. No more confinement. I feel free.

My boyfriend asked me over & over again, "How do you know that getting your own space will make you feel better?" And my only answer was "I just know." And being here, I JUST KNOW! I feel better. I feel like I have my own space and like my voice was finally heard. I am happy for this situation. It is only temporary, because we will eventually find a place of our own, but for now, for a few months anyway, this will do a fine job.

2 comments:

Helena said...

Whew! I'm glad it's better!

Unknown said...

Yay!!! I'm glad cuz I don't want you to go back to Oregon! Sorry to all your friends there but I found her and now I'm keeping her! :D

-Carolyn