Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What I did this weekend (Part 2)

It was a very pretty drive home, even though we had to leave the hotsprings. The Payette River is full of rafters, kayaks, and people floating down the river on tubes. It was so pretty, I couldn't stop looking at it.
When we got home, Landon wanted to have a concert, so he formed "Landon's Band". We all performed in some way; from recorder, to piano, to voice, to audience.

July fourth was spent relaxing playing board games with the family. Then we went to watch the fireworks show in Meridian. I must admit, it was the BEST fireworks I've seen. Given the limited budget they have, it was WAAAY better than any other show to date. I was happy to kiss Lee under the fireworks, and happy to sit next to nieces & nephews, some of whom hadn't seen "real fireworks" before!

Monday we drove back to Seattle. This time we saw the things we missed the first time around as it was dark in Idaho. We saw an abandoned building in the side of a mountain. Very surreal, wondering what it was once used for. Lee got this cool picture of it.

Being back in Seattle makes me homesick. This place, this city, while it remains where I live, isn't quite the open countryside home I am used to. This weekend made me feel very satisfied with my life. I am so lucky to have such an amazing family. Even when we are miles away from each other, when we do hang out, it's nothing but love. No pretense, no drama, no bullshit, just pure love. Mom & Dad did a damn fine job, if I do say so myself.

I am lucky to have such an amazing boyfriend, to sacrifice his time & money to accompany me on this trip. Not only that, but day to day he makes sure I am here to stay. Without him, none of me would possible right now, and I am thankful. I keep falling in love over & over & over again with him. My weekend was perfect and I could never ask for more.

No comments: